Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Lump between armpit and breast.

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I found a "lump" between my left armpit and breast. It is about the size of a dime, under the skin and sore to the touch. Is this something to be concerned about? I'am a 58 years old female and been through menopause. Thank you for any information that you can give me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2009
Supporter
Since you are 58 I am assuming that you have been having mammograms for years now. If you only have a month or so until your next scheduled mammogram, you could wait. If it will be longer than that, I think you should schedule a doctor visit/ mammogram as soon as possible. Also, if you have a family history of breast cancer, you should make an appointment immediately.
|
Did you find this post helpful?