Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

lump below left ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi I just noticed this lump under my left ear and was kinda freaked out bout it and dont know what it is.
its kinda hard but it hasnt been there long at all I would have noticed it. it just appeared and it kinda on the back of my jaw and when I touch or put pressure on it, it starts to hurt.

Id go to the doctor but I dont have insurance. please lemme know what it can be.

thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2009
Supporter
If the lump is under/behind the ear lobe it could be a swollen lymph node. When they appear it means your body is fighting an infection, cold, allergies... Don't poke at it or you'll just make it sorer. If you have been feeling a little under the weather this could confirm that it's a swollen lymph node. It should go away when you get to feeling better, within a week or so.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply