Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Lump behind ear, under skin?!

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
5 days ago I discovered this small hard lump behind my left ear, mostly located under the earlobe, behind the jaw?, i guess, and its under the skin. It's not visible unless I turn my head to the right. Then, it becomes a little bit visible. You'll have to look closely. It does not hurt unless messed with alot. I don't think its movable and i haven't been sick at all, nothing, just been normal, except stressed and been sleeping late. Recently my mom was diagnosed with kidney cancer so things went by so fast and i was a worry freak and a nerve wreck throughout the whole three weeks of helping my mom. I know it does not sound good to be like that around my mom but trust me ive kept myself strong. Thank God, as of right now, she is cancer-free.
The first time I discovered the lump, I started to mess with it and afterwards it started to hurt. (The pain went away after i left it alone.) I immediately went online to see if I'm not the only one whose had this problem. Thankfully, I'm not alone but what I'm seeing about a lump like this... Not so good. Sad I'm getting extremely nervous and scared!! Its like why did i search online. All I mostly found out that it can be cancerous and I'm really terrified since my mom had cancer. I haven't told any of my family members or friends about this lump. I don't want to since it is just too scary and I don't want to put them more worries. I DEFINITELY do not want to tell my momma because she would start to worry a lot. She's been through enough! And It's been hard every single day to function because this lump has me so damn worried! I pray to God it goes away!
It has been 5 days and it hasn't change size. I can feel it more when my head is turn to the right instead of looking forward. Not exactly the size of a dime but a little smaller than that yet close. Also, I thought maybe I got this lump because on my left side of my mouth i had to have cavity fillings for both my top and bottom teeth. They started on my two bottom teeth on Mar. 22 and then finished off my top two teeth on Apr. 5. I had cavities.
Oh God, I know I'll have to go to the doctor because they'll know more about it but it's just so damn hard. Its just too hard, everyone. The wait for the results will kill me. I aint one to stand still while being at the doctor. And I don't even have insurance. Ugh, I just hope someone can please answer me and maybe have someone who's had the same lump problem as I do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|