Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Lump at anus opening

Guys, I'm putting this here even though I'm pretty sure it isn't actually hemorrhoids.

Basically, just above the anus, at the base of the spine, I have developed a lump. Pea-sized, but not so pronounced in shape.

There's no discharge, no bleeding, and only slight discomfort when I sit. Only real time I notice it is when I clench my buttocks or cough, then there's a little pain. Bowel movements are no problem.

I'm working overseas, and don't yet have medical cover, but I'd like to hear what people think this might be.

For the record, I'm in good health, just the wrong side of 40, and male.

Any help welcome.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2013
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

A pea sized lump just above the anus towards the spine could be a swollen lymph node, or a neurofibroma (collection of nerve and fibrous tissue) or a lipoma. Since it is painful it can even be an infected hair follicle or boil. Even if you are overseas, try and consult a doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|

replied March 3rd, 2013
Hi, I have also discovered a lump -well more of painless black spot around the opening of my anus only after showering.

I am in good health and good weight but recently have been experiencing some gastric problems due not to eating well (I am 19 years old). This has caused some pain around my stomach -just gas mainly (which is normal I think) but this was complemented recently with some mild pain around my anus (like a constant pressure).

My bowel movements are normal and of normal colour.

I can provide pictures if this will help?

Thanks
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.