Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower right side back pain, lump near spine

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have a lump in my back it is on the right hand side, near my spine at about my waist (so lower back area). It moves around it is not painful to just touch the lump but when it is moved it hurts. It is radiating pain throughout my lower back and around to the right hip area. Please any help on this would be greatly appreciated/ I thought this was a knot in my muscle.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rollar64
|

replied October 5th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Go to a doctor and get it checked out.
|

replied April 4th, 2013
I've been sitting here researching for answers on this very subject for a couple of hours, when I came across your post.
Obviously, I'm no doctor, but I just thought I'd share with you that so far what best describes this (for me, anyway) is the possibility of having a Limpoma tumour. Not to worry though, they are benign but may press against a nerve or muscle causing pain. They are easily removed by a dermatologist, if you have issues with one.
I was at my doctor's yesterday, but will be returning asap since this is an issue with me 3-4 times a year.
Good luck
|

replied October 9th, 2013
I know this a post from a awhile but. I have same thing on m my back to for 4 years. Seen 5diff dr all says its a cytes or limpoma hitting a nerve cause it painful from time to time. But I am geting a mri tomorrow to see if its deff that. And if they could even remove it cause its in pretty deep they said if they try it may penalize me so I may just have to deal with the pain. But I also have a lump in mu neck,ear but they dont hurt. Limopa is commen to have more then one lump. But still nerve about cancer. So cant wait to get the mri tomorrow
|