Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower Right side back pain for over 2 weeks!

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am 18 yrs old. I went to the doctors and she said it was muscular gave me some pills, but all the pill do is make me drowsy and sleepy. I dont remember if i carried anything heavy or hurt it and it doesnt feel like muscular cause i feel pain inside. and is swollen and sometimes it gets numb. She did a UA and they found a bit of blood. They checked it out and everything seems normal, but i dont cause i have pain 24/7 except when i fall asleep, but even sometimes the pain wakes me up. what could this be is it really muscular. whats the difference in pain between muscular or something else inside?..The back pain is limiting from doing alot and am worried. I have done everything, but the pain doesnt go away it still comes back.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Supersadie
|

replied January 26th, 2011
Muscular pain can be worse than other injuries (people say oh it's just muscular but it can feel really dire). Two weeks is nothing for serious muscle strain to heal. Your worry is probably making it worse. Call your surgery and ask to speak to your GP and ask the questions you ask here - why was there blood in the UA? Where from? What exactly are the tablets - anti inflammatories? Ask anything you need to - your taxes pay their salary so don't be shy. Good luck.
|

replied January 26th, 2011
Muscular pain can be worse than other injuries (people say oh it's just muscular but it can feel really dire). Two weeks is nothing for serious muscle strain to heal. Your worry is probably making it worse. Call your surgery and ask to speak to your GP and ask the questions you ask here - why was there blood in the UA? Where from? What exactly are the tablets - anti inflammatories? Ask anything you need to - your taxes pay their salary so don't be shy. Good luck.
|

replied March 4th, 2011
First follow the instruction given by your doc to you and get more alternatives from her.
Beside medicines for your back pain you can go for inversion therapy too. Its a good technique and will give a permanent relief. You can talk to your doctor about this and can get expert advice before starting.
|