Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Lower right abdominal pain varies dull, achy and sharp.

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been having pain in my lower right abdomen and hip area for the last 5 or 6 days. It varies between dull and achy and sharp and it comes and goes. I don't seem to have a very good appetite and after I do eat I also get a little bit of cramping (not sure if it's related). Every once in a while it will feel like the pain moves along my hip bone into the back side of the hip bone too. Any ideas what this could be? I have a doctors apt lined up but it's still over a month away.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum. ‎

You seem have severe lower abdominal pain as well as tenderness. Such severe pain usually occurs ‎with conditions like infection or inflammation in the affected area. ‎

Some causes can be PID, pelvic or abdominal abscesses, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, colitis, Urinary infections or a ‎renal stone.

You might consult with your doctor for a examination and tests including a Urinalysis and a ultrasound ‎or a CT scan. This would help to diagnose the cause of the pain. ‎

In the mean time, treatment with medications like Advil or Naprosyn, would be very helpful.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.