Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Lower right abdominal pain/burning

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I have a constant lower burning across my abdomen. I also experience lower right sharp/stabbing pains throughout the day. There is no specific time it happens.
Was put on 3 day Cipro for a possible UTI.
Urine & gyno cultures came back negative.
Pelvic ultrasound came back negative.
Primary care PC is unsure as to what it could be.
Abdomen is not swollen or tender to the touch.
She ordered a urine culture and bloodwork for Monday.
If the pain does not go away she will order a CT of the lower abdomen.
I do not have my appendix.

My lower abdomen feels as if I am recovering from abdominal surgery.

Should I think this is a gastro issue? Urological issue?

There has got to be someone out there who could have an idea as to what the possibilities are. I seem to have no other symptoms. I have posted on many message boards and have very little responses.
Any ideas really appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Right sided lower abdominal pain could be due to various reasons as Pelvic disease,Bladder infection,Kidney stones,inflammation of intestines,fibroids,endometriosis.It requires Blood Investigations and CT to rule out the cause.It is very difficult to comment without proper examination.Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation.

Take Care!

|

replied June 28th, 2012
burning senstion on right abdomen 5 months after c section
I had C section 5 months ago i get burning senstaion pain on right side abdomen and runs down my right leg. Plese advice
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.