Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower Back Soreness

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I'm 19 years old. I have been experiencing lower back soreness and pain for years now. I'm not sure what really caused the soreness. I have been in cross country and track and field team for 3 yrs and after I quit in my senior year, I think that is when the soreness started to happen. I also have flat feet (not sure if that is a cause too). I had x-rays, but nothing seem to be wrong. I have been taking pain killers but not all the times they relieve my pain. How can I decrease the soreness or at least relieve it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2009
Experienced User
i suffer from pain similar to that also... it is DEF. not fun.
i sometimes use ice or heat. or take a hot shower.
flat feet usually does have an affect on the back and can cause back pain. have u been to see a doctor at all?
and painkillers dont work for me at all... (which suchs. haha)
but you should def try icing it every night.. is it ur muscles or spine?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi Sky,

Please have an MRI don on your back, it will show a more precise picture as to what is going on with you. It sounds like you have some inflamtion of the muscle tissues which can be treated with the right meds.

Good Luck

Faded Rose
|