Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Lower Back & Right side pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have been having pain in the lower right side of my back and towards the side of my abdomen. It all started when I had a stomach ache, which faded but I have had some constipation lately. I went to the doctor he checked, he applied pressure to my appendix area and the area my gallbladder was in and there really was no pain so he said he thinks it may just be a muscle, Its still hurting though and I still have the constipation as well as gas I think because I haven't really been able to release it. the pain on my side is about right below my rib cage towards my back more so than my front though, Any ideas of what this might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Abdominal pain located under rib cage o the right side that radiates to the back or under the right shoulder blade, is characteristic for gallbladder disease.
This pain can be felt under your breast bone, too.
Usually, is worse after eating, or taking a deep breath.
You may experience heartburn, nausea and vomiting.
Abdominal pain due to constipation is usually felt in lower abdominal right quadrant as a cramping pain.
Abdominal fullness is present with constipation and with gallbladder diseases.
Some conditions related to liver, can lead to abdominal pain or discomfort over liver, that is situated at the right side below the rib cage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?