Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

lower back rib cage pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have had a pain in mylower back right at the bottom of my rib cage. When I first started, it was very painful and radiated around to the front and up under my breastbone and got to a point where I couldn't breath in all the way. The Dr. I was seeing at the time thought it was my heart and did all kinds of tests for that but wouldn't listen that it was coming from my back. The acute pain subsided but it is still there and painful to the touch. I was doing yoga and when we went into the child position, I couldn't breath in. I have mentioned this to the current Dr. I go to but he doesn't seem to understand how much it bothers me either. He wanted me to go to a chiropractor. #1 I don't believe in them and #2, I'm afraid that it's something serious and would like to have at least an MRI or ultrasound of the area. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|