Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower back pain - tender

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi~ I am really hoping that someone out there has an answer for me!

My entire lower back hurts to touch. It is NOT the skin but what is benieth. I cannot get a massage or even touch it gently without being in extreme pain. After it has been poked or touched, that area feels like it has been bruised for at least a week.

Please tell me why I have this pain. I have had it for a year now and doctors have not been able to tell me why.

Thank you so much!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
hey sorry to hear about that, i'm not an expert and if the doctors have not been able to tell you what is causing this pain then im not sure that what i think it is, is correct but i have this kind of feeling across my shoulders at the top of my back and i was diagnosed with tension across it, i have nothing to help with my tension just need to relax. Jenny
|

replied December 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is it possible you are suffering from Fibromyalgia?

What have doctors suggested you do about the pain?

I would ask if fibromyalgia is a possibility.

Fran
|