Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Lower back pain on both sides

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi there,

My name is Jennifer and I have had lower back pain on both sides of my back where my kidneys are. This pain has been there for around 2-3 days.

When I pee, it burns. I am feeling very sick all the time and have been for about a week.

I have my period, but its at the end of my cycle for this month, but last night, it got heavier and there was a lot more blood when I peed, and there is no way that I can be pregnant.

Please help me..

Thanks
Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2009
Experienced User
Test ur urine please!
Hoeever,drink a lot of water
|

replied September 8th, 2009
Sounds like UTI
To me it sounds like a real UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Go to the doctor and she will give you antibiotic wich will remove the problem the same day. Don't suffer for too long because sometimes this problem can go away on its own, but sometimes it can worsen and get to your kidneys.
|

replied September 10th, 2009
why is my back hurting( both left side and right about midway point from neck down; kidney areas even extending to rib cage) ? i began experiencing this sudden pain friday afternoon
two hours after i had minor surgery on two areas of my back. i had 2 sebaceous cysts removed. one on the middle-right side of my back (like beneath the right shoulder blade), the other on the center of my most lower part of my back--right above the buttocks. when the pain first started, it came suddenly. to me it feels almost as though it is unrelated to the surgery. i mean, why the kidney(s) area? well this pain feels almost like a cramp feels in a leg. however, given the area, it also causes a bit of difficulty breathing as it hurts when my lungs expand. also, it hurts so badly that it limits my movement drastically. this pain came friday and lasted until sunday. by monday, it appeared gone. it came back today after retuning home from work. is this pain related to the surgery? if not, then why the sudden onset after the surgery?
|