Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

lower back pain, kidney infection

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
i went to the doctors on Monday with lower back pain starting from the tailbone area, the doctor treated it as a kidney infection, i am getting these every few months and each time the doctor gives me antibiotics and sends me away without referral
he prescribed me nitrofurantion and done a urine dipstick test which showed the infection
i went back on Wednesday as i still felt no better and was prescribed amoxi-clav and I am STILL in pain
they took another urine sample and sent it off as well as a smear test however I am still suffering and I dont know what to do, I am urinating small amounts every 15 minutes approx and the pain gets unbearable. is it worth going back to the doc?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2013
If you suffer from chronic lower back pain, you have probably tried to evaluate and determine all of the causes of your pain. You may have made lists, or answered numerous questions about your active lifestyle and exercise habits. You consume the appropriate amounts of vitamins and yet the pain persists. Your thoughts may easily turn to an internal infection that is not at all related to muscles. You may be experiencing a kidney infection. Kidney infections are often confused for lower back pain because of similar symptoms and placement. How can you tell the difference? Follow our guide below to note some telltale signs to check for a kidney infection.
|
Did you find this post helpful?