Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Lower Back pain goes down to my gluteus.

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
hey guys,

I started getting lower back pain when I get out of the car. I don’t drive long distances. My lower back is not sore when I’m walking or doing any other activates.
The pain starts from my lower back and goes down to my gluteus. It does not last long (probably 30-40 seconds) as I walk the pain goes away. But it’s a very nasty pain.
I joined gym 3 weeks ago and I trained with personal trainer for 2 sessions and he set up a program for me which I follow. I go to gym 3 times a week.
I used to attend gym up until November 2010 but then I stopped and I got back to gym in July 2011.
Shall I stop going to gym for a week and see if the pain goes away?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper andertonj
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Blaze86,

This may sound silly, but are you sitting on your wallet when you are driving? It is a well known problem in persons who carry their wallet in the back hip pocket. The mass puts pressure on the sciatic nerve.

It you do carry a wallet in you back pocket, you might try taking it out before you drive.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2011
hey Gaelic

no i dont carry a wallet in my back pocket i always carry it in my front pocket Smile i never put anything to my back pockets when i am sitting Smile
|

replied August 11th, 2011
The best way to get rid of lower back pains is, try to sit straight so that your back remains straight and pain doesn't occur. If you are computer professional and you have to sit hours in front of computer, then you should take a short walk in every 20-30 minutes.

Regards,
John A

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Blaze86...I was just going to write you a post...Instead I decided to answer it in a Topic...I, too, know back problems...Not always the words, but the hurt that goes along with it...I will probably add some "helping hands" to my post at a later time...Good luck and I hope yours gets better...Take care...

Caroline

http://ehealthforum.com/health/curvature-o f-the-spine-or-scoliosis-t297501.html
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Blaze86,

It could be that the seats in your car, put just enough sagittal curve and pressure on the lower spine to cause some muscle spasm or tightness. Then, when you get out of the car, you get the muscles worked out and the pain goes away.

Possibly, you need to put in those car seats that are firmer than the factory installed ones. Not put in whole new ones, but the type that go on top of the ones already there. These may give you better support. Since this only seems to bother you when you drive.

Good luck.
|