Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Lower back and burning and abdominal burning

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I have lower back pain and sensation of burning ans itching and nauseas. I was told i have gallstones. No pain upper abdomen but it is burning too.
thanks plz help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Experienced User
Have you had an ultrasound or similar test to confirm the gallstones? The symptoms are not standard for gallstones but might still be due to gallbladder disease. Or they could be due to something else. I would expect further tests to rule out other likely causes of those symptoms before anyone would offer to remove your gallbladder.
|

replied March 21st, 2012
I find that I get exactly those symptoms when I have gallbladder issues. For years they told me that the low back pain was not related, but every time I've had gallstones I've gotten low back pain ( I do not get abdominal pain)with nausea. They may not be the typical pain, but I've read recently that they are all indeed signs of gallstones. I think the tendency is to discount what is not the "norm" but truth is that the symptoms are not always the same. Working as an ER nurse I saw many appendicitis that caused pain in places other than the lower right hand side of the abdomen and presented more like a kidney stone and the same is true of gallstones that present like kidney stones or appendicitis. It happens...
|