Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Lower abdominal pain when standing

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have an ache in my lower left side of my abdomen. However this ache only seems to occur on occasions and only if I am standing and have done something like walked my dog, or pushed a shopping cart. If I am just walking normally or am sitting there is no discomfort at all. Could this be a muscle issue?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2011
hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of the symptoms and onset definitely indicate it to be due to musculoskeletal origin.

Adequate rest and OTC pain killers might be of help to resolve the issue.

|

replied April 27th, 2011
I have had the same problem. If you would like send me a message and maybe I can help.
|

replied July 6th, 2012
when u have stomach pain
hey im havin the same problem it started this mornin usually it could be a sign of illness some are serious and some get beter without medical help what i would sugest is if you make an appointment with the doc u know iv it doesnt improve or if it gets worst try excersizing for starters. I have it but mine never hurt this much . i your still a kid it goes on its own. I understand why it would hurt while standing because standing stretches you stomach out and most other body parts. try taking pain reliver. But if your and adult i would most suest a doctor and sometimes even for kids just to make sure everythings going good. Hope this helps!! get better
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.