Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

lower abdominal pain in addition of the vaginal burning

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
5 months ago I started feeling some lower abdominal pain during sexual intercourse with my husband. Few days after, I felt the same pain and vaginal burning. The burning didn't leave so I went for Miconazole 3 days OTC, after the 3rd day, my period came and after it, I kept with the burning. I thought that maybe the blood flushed the medication out so I decided to go to Planned Parenthood where they did to me swab test, urine test and observation. Everything was normal but they gave me Fluconazole 150 mg one dose regardless. Nothing changed. Tried the natural way (yoghurts, garlic, apple cider vinegar, cranberry, anti candida diet,...) with the time, the burning wasn't that intense than at first but still there everyday all the time. On June, I went vacation to Spain to visit my family and I went to the general doctor and around 3 OB GYN. They did to me paps, swab, blood test, urine test, STD'S and observation. They came back saying I was great! and gave me Atarax, they are anxiety pills in case it was me just being stressed but had to quit with that pills because they did me even worse. Also, I have to point out I had some back pain and left ear pain like an ear infection when it starts but the doctors didn't give importance to that data. Well then, back to USA and the burning didn't go away...Around 3 weeks ago, I started feeling the lower abdominal pain in addition of the vaginal burning and bloating of the abdomen. Tried to take baking soda as someone recommended in case my ph was out of balance. It kinda eased things at first but then it was like nothing. The pain, the bloating and the burning still there. Went to an american OBGYN, he said I was really good and he didn't know what to say. He did a ultrasound of my reproductive system and everything came up normal. He just mentioned some ovary cysts and follicles which he said are completely normal in my ovulation process and counting my age ( I am 24) and haven't had kids yet. (I'm not in birth control of any kind by the way. My husband and I used pull out when we used to have sexual relations because the last 5 months has been impossible because they are painful and would increase my burning- yes, we tried but couldn't-). Another symptoms to point out would be a very occasional pain in I guess my bladder like it was shrinking when I pee in a painful manner (just happened 2-3 times), I can't sleep good lately. Oh, in addition, the OBGYN felt stools in my rectum. I drank Sen (natural laxative), did a lemon cleanse and I am eating lots of fiber so now I go good to the restroom and didn't have anal fissure again (had one last month). However, my vaginal burning, bloating and lower abdominal pain still there. Yesterday, I started drinking Aloe Vera concentrated juice but haven't felt nothing different yet. To end with my long explanation I would like to mention that I don't use to feel the burning during my period but I don't know if it's because I bleed a lot (lasts 6-7 days) and I have a lot of pain in my abdominal area and lower back area during my period or what. Also, I drink Ibuprofen to calm the pain during my period and I have just noticed that the Ibuprofen would calm my symptoms even though won't make them go away....It just doesn't feel right and I'm tired to hear I'm fine when obviously I'm not...I'm so frustrated and is affecting my life and my marriage.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Consider repeating the tests to rule out infective causes. Further evaluation done with laparoscopic evaluation would help to rule out chances of pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, adenomyosis, growing ovarian cysts, PID etc (as the normal imaging techniques fail to pick these findings). Consider discussing about these possibilities with your treating gynecologist and proceed with further evaluation and management. Treatment as appropriate would be started to help you based on the examination and laparoscopic findings. Be in regular follow-up with your gynecologist and report any unusual/new symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.
|

replied April 2nd, 2013
Abnominal burning pain
Did you ever have diagnosis, I have similar symptoms, including the left ear ache
Polly
|

replied July 19th, 2013
Abdominal burning pain
I also am going through the same and I was told it was a bladder infection. Took the medication and I am still in the exact same position as I was. Ear ache too... someone pls help!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.