Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

low levels of beta-endorphins?

I'm trying to find out a little about beta-endorphins. Is there a specific test to measure them? If my blood sugar level is normal, is it possible my beta-endorphins can be low?

Little background-for 25 years (from age 25-50) I have what I call "brainfog" I simply can't process thoughts. I become zombie like. I eat and I feel high for a while but then I crash. No other symptoms...only to mention that stress makes me crash much faster. I've had every test imaginable over the years (spent thousands out of my own pocket)and I'm the healthiest sick person out there. Nothing wrong with me what so ever.

So I'm wondering if my blood sugar could be normal, but my beta-endorphins, or even dopamine could be low. Can't find much info about testing, etc.

Any help would be very appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eleni_meleni
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
Any answers?
Have you heard any answer to this? I am trying to see if there is a test also to measure the beta endorphin in one's body.....
|

replied November 21st, 2010
No replys.
|

replied May 8th, 2011
I too am trying to find out what blood tests to do because I think I need Low Dose Naltrexone, which raises beta endorphin levels. I want to use it for auto immune disease- rheumatism.
Good luck on your search for information.
|

replied May 24th, 2011
anybody......PLEASE!
|

replied June 5th, 2011
test for beta endorphin levels
so what if any is the answer
|

replied June 12th, 2011
Beta-endorphins: find out more
I have learned a lot about beta-endorphins and the relationship with low blood sugar from Kathleen DesMaisons PhD.

I struggled with brain fog, fluctuating blood sugar, up and down energy (feeling 'wired' and then completely exhausted) all my life. In the past four years since I followed Dr DesMaisons suggestions, my blood sugar is steadier and brain fog is rare. There's a great community forum on that website too, and so it's been amazing to connect with hundreds of others who are sugar sensitive and have the same symptoms as me!
|