Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Low grade fever and high heart rate

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
It all started back in January after a great deal of stress. I was sitting down one evening watching tv and felt a pain in my back almost like I had been punched. The pain was a dull throbbing. I tried to ignore it but within 15 minutes I felt like I couldnt breathe. I was hyperventilating and my BP was rising probably due to that. I started to have trouble sleeping after that, I was constantly shaking and I felt like I was short of breath 24 hours a day for the next three months. I went to the ER several times and was given several different answers as to what it could be. Most drs thinking anxiety. I got to the point where I couldnt even go outside without shaking. I always had a low grade fever 99 - 101 degrees at every appointment and a high heart rate for me which is about 100-110. My blood pressure was always normal.

I also get weird heart beats or pains when bending over or reaching/stretching, and get a rush to my head like pressure type.

In the beginning of May I started to feel better. I could go places and do normal things to a limit. If I would exercise I would feel like I was going to pass out. I also developed severe GERD (they cant find anything else). I was put on medicaition for GERD and noticed the breathing got a little easier and the pressure on my chest lessened.
Then in early July I noticed some of my symptoms coming back along with a few others. I get heart palpitations and PVCs almost always, I have trouble sleeping because my heart always seems to be pounding. I sometimes wake up almost sweating and feeling all shaky. My eyes get weird slightly bluury, especially in dark. I feel a little off balance sometimes, almost as if my equilibirium is thrown off.

I've had LOTS of testing done. 6 full blood test panels, urinalysis, 3 chest xrays, ct scan with contast of chest and abdoman, ultrasound of abdoman and aorota, 6 EKGs, Barrium swallow xray of esophagus and stomach, and holter monitor for 24 hours. All test results came back normal. I have an echo/stress test this wednesday but I just cant figure out what is going on. I take 10mg propranolol daily for my rapid heart rate, 80mg protonix daily for GERD problems, and 1.5 mg lunesta at night for sleep.

Oh and I almost forgot..It seems the week before my monthly period my symptoms intensify and then the day before it comes they almost are gone (only for one day). This last one my heart rate was 60s with no palpitations and i felt calm and in control but only for the day before. When it starts I feel pretty normal but with a faster heart rate and then the week after it goes crazy again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 17th, 2010
I am having similiar symptoms as well!! Did you ever find out anything? I am noticing that this post was awhile ago, but I am currently freaking out!! Anxiety, low grade fever for like 4 days. One minute I am hot the next I am cold! Please answer
|

replied January 15th, 2011
I have had all the same tests plus a stress test and they have still found nothing but I have the same symptoms. The only difference is that I've had a hysterectomy. Many trips to the ER only for them to tell me nothing is wrong. Low grade fevers almost every night, muscle pain, and irregular rapid heart rate with PVC's. Sorry, but this is not normal as they say. New symptom just started a few weeks ago, my ears are ringing so loudly I can hardly hear anything else. Please let me know if someone finds oout anything, I'm grabbing at straws, this has been going on with me for over 2 years now.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
I Have the same thing going on,testing is being done,I'm 31,Did they ever find out what was wrong??I just want this to end..
|