Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Low functioning gallbladder

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I had a hida scan and ejection fraction came back at 12%. Is this enough to have my gallbladder removed? Will it just get worse if I don't get it taken out? Will I absolutely feel better if I have it removed?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 24th, 2011
Experienced User
That would typically be low enough for you to have your gallbladder removed, always assuming you are displaying symptoms. There are no guarantees with this sort of gallbladder disfunction, because the ejections fraction is merely an indication that something isn't quite right, but most people improve afterwards. Where the low ejection fraction is caused by something other than the gallbladder itself, or the gallbladder has been damaged by some other problem, then you might not see a cure from removing the gallbladder. Although you aren't guaranteed a cure by having the gallbladder removed, you are pretty much guaranteed that it won't get better on its own.
|

replied December 24th, 2011
Yes, I have been having symptoms--chest pains, pain under my right ribcage and nausea. It's just aggravating because it's like it comes and goes. It will be fine for a week or two and then it will hurt for a week straight. But on the upside, I lost 6 lbs in one week Smile
|
Quick Reply