Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Low blood platelets , abdominal pain and bruising

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have a very dear friend who is showing all of these symptoms and has for about 5 months. She has had a number of blood tests done and the doctors cant seem to be able to find anything wrong with her except that her platelet count is low. Her abdominal pain/stomach aches last about 3 hours or so. She can go a few days feeling perfectly fine and then the stomach will kick in pretty bad. She wakes up in the morning with new bruises on her body for no apparent reason. I believe she may experience headaches as well. Anyone experience this problem or symptoms and may know the cause of it? She has pretty much given up going to the doctor cause it doesnt seem to be doing any good. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 11th, 2009
If you find anything out, I would appreciate it. My 16 yr old daughter had gall bladder out 2 yrs ago, so we do expect diarrhea. The last 2-3 months or so, usually at night, she wakes up with abd pain and pressure in center, hurts if you press on it. Heating pad and laying down for a couple of hours alleviates it. Happening now 203 times a week. Had upper gi done, neg for ulcers. Low platelet count recently, threw out this morning, now light yellow diarrhea tonight. Drs have no idea..... So frustrating...
|
Did you find this post helpful?