Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Lovaza with drinking & liver Function

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
I am a little concerned with the medication I am taking for my cholesterol. My trygliceride levels have been above 400 for about 3 years. I am 33 years old. My doctor put me on Lovaza which in and of itself doesn't seem to be too potent it is just an Omega-3 only in higher more concentrated doses.

My question is that I have been a heavy drinker 6 to 10 drinks a day everyday for about 10 years and have recently reduced my drinking over the past year to only Friday and Saturday nights and I have about 6-8 drinks.

My understanding is that Lovaza is hard on the liver and with the fact that I have been drinking excessively for 10 years is it a good idea to continue taking it. I drink now as stated but not nearly as much and only 2 days a week. My liver function was fine on my most recent CBC before taking the Lovaza. Just curious if having an excessive drinking history will affect whether taking Lovaz is a good idea.
Did you find this post helpful?
|