Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Loud gurgling and bubbling in my stomach

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
My stomach is constantly bubbling and gurgling and it is incredibly embarrassing. I'm 15 and studying for my GCSEs but the constant noises my stomach makes is making my like incredibly stressful and is very embarrassing, especially as the noises are very loud and can be heard by my whole class.
It started a couple of months ago and I think it may have been to do with fast weight loss. The pressures of being a teenage girl got to me and I began skipping meals and would sometimes go a whole day on only a few snacks. I eventually got over it and began to eat more regularly and normal but my stomach began gurgling and I just presumed I was hungry. But the gurgling and bubbling continued even after I had eaten. It's really bothering me and at school I literally want to cry with the amount of embarrassment and worry that I'm going through worrying about if my stomach is going to gurgle and weather everyone can hear it.
My exams are coming up and if my stomach was to make gurgling noises while I were sat in the exam hall would be the most stressful thing.
I really need help and a solution so that I don't have to spend my time worrying and can start focusing on concentrating on learning instead of my stomach and it's noises.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2012
Re:
I known that I can cause a lot of discomfort and sometimes, embarrassment. To treat it you must drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. Water helps in proper digestion of the food and less amount of gas is produced in the process.
|
Did you find this post helpful?