Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

lots of discharge, with odor, no cure?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
For years now I have had this smelly discharge that wont go away. It's thick, white & yellow when its it my panties.I have taken test after test, and the results keep coming back normal....but there's no way this could be normal. Im embarassed to have sex because it smells. Anybody have this problem? I think the the doctors need to run more tests.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2011
Hi clw727,

It sounds like you have been tested for STD's. But in the event you have not, that would be the first thing to rule out.

Could it be yeast? Do you have cottage cheese like discharge? Yeast infections generally have a discharge that is NOT smelly.

Without knowing too much about your condition, I would guess that you have bacterial vaginosis. Often, you will notice the smell worsens after sex. There are inexpensive test kits over the counter that can distinguish yeast from bacteria. If you haven't tried this, it might be a place to start.

There are all sorts of ideas out there about how to get rid of infections, such as douches, etc. Often, douches can make the problem worse. Sad

One product that it out there, which seems to be effective against all types of vaginal infections is called Yin Care. You can get it from any acupuncturist or maybe even order it online. You would either use it in a douche (which COULD make matters worse) or prepare a SITZ bath.

I wonder if you have been treated with antibiotics? Generally a doctor will prescribe metronidazole once they determine that it is bacterial vaginosis.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
R. Vasquez, L. Ac.
|

Hey, thanks for replying and yes i have been tested for bv and it comes back negative. Ive tried Flaygl, Metrogel, & yeast medicines. Nothing helps..i fear its here to stay for the rest of my life. No I don't douche...always was told that was not healthy. I ill try the Yin Care....im gonna google it to see exactly what it is. Thanks Smile
|

Hey, thanks for replying and yes i have been tested for bv and it comes back negative. Ive tried Flaygl, Metrogel, & yeast medicines. Nothing helps..i fear its here to stay for the rest of my life. No I don't douche...always was told that was not healthy. I ill try the Yin Care....im gonna google it to see exactly what it is. Thanks Smile
|