Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Lost. Can't see the meaning any more.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
Over the past two years I have fallen into a hole and I cant get out.
Im 19 and I now live alone and am at risk of losing my house.
I feel sad most of the time. I know I need to get up and fix my life, help myself but I just can't motivate myself.
I miss being happy.
I used to be social and always have friends around me.
But now I'm always alone.
This forever sinking feeling that life is pointless is really starting to wear me down.
I look at pictures of myself a few years ago. It often brings me to tears.
I don't bother with my looks, no one is interested in me anyway.
My eyes hurt from crying.
I look at my life and shake my head.
Where did I go wrong?
I need help.
Someone who is going through these feelings too.

I miss being happy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi LightandDark, I definitely get the same way when I have my depression. I have bipolar disorder. I understand when you mean motivation is hard. honestly, what motivated me to go back to counseling was the fact that I wanted to be happy and told myself in order to go get it, was to put myself out there atleast try. I'm feeling better and have reasons for staying motivated. College, my business, and more. Find your reasons, and why you want to be happy. You have to atleast give it a try. There are ways to also make yourself feel better, too. Email me if you want to talk anytime. Take care.
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2012
That's the question that every procrastinator fails to answer correctly. Here is how it works: Actions bring emotions. If you felt bad then take actions and you will feel good after sometime.If you lost hope then take actions and you will regain this hope after a while. Whenever you get any emotion that you don't like just take more actions and you will get rid of it after sometime.

Do you know why some people do the impossible?
Its because they keep trying and trying until they do it even if they lost hope midway.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply