Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Loss of appetite/unable to sleep well/feeling uneasy

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
Hello there, roughly three weeks ago, my body started trembling during the middle of the night (I didn't feel cold, nauseous, or feverish) It's only happened twice, but I started to develop anxiety symptoms because of it. I paid a visit to the doctor, who told me I may be overthinking - and recommended some anti-anxiety medication (Ativan) However, due to concerns about its addictive side effects and my mother's pleas, I declined to go through with the prescription.

I turned 19 years old a week ago (May 29th), and the trembling episode began since May 17th. Before then, I got an ear irrigation to treat tinnitus due to excessive earwax blockage. It was my first time getting an ear irrigation. I can hear much more clearly and loudly, but I don't think my brain is used to the noise.

I'm normally not an anxious or depressed person. Unfortunately, I don't eat as healthy as I should- and am overweight. I can be paranoid and obsessive as well. I've never taken drugs or alcohol. My family doesn't have a history of medical problems.

What happened before the symptoms appeared:

- I remember doing some yardwork, and accidentaly inhaled a whiff of lawn fertilizer/moss killer product when I opened the bag (just the powder, not the solid stuff)
-I also remember walking through the forest, and a raindrop fell directly onto my eye.

Here are my symptoms:

- Lack of appetite (although I once start eating, I usually finish the meal) (I can drink water fine).
- Unable to sleep well during the night (waking up on and off)
- Conciously controlling my breathing (through the nose)
- Thinking about death.
- Reduced sense of smell (perceived)
- Feeling "out of it", emotionally numb, anxious, and restless
- Unsatsifying sleep.
- Rapid heartbeat during sleep.
- Waking up sweating after sleep.
- Can hear my heartbeat through the ear when laying on my side.
- Constipation (infrequent bowel movements, when there is - the stools are tiny & soft (yellowish))
- Blood in the left nostril (usually during the morning and afternoon), when dabbing it with tissue/toilet paper. Stops after awhile - traces of dark blood. No blood in right nostril.
- Obsessing about my body and checking arms, hands, and chest.
- Unable to relax, feeling uneasy.

After doing a blood test, the doctor reported nothing out of the ordinary except for a slightly higher cholestrol count than normal. But I still haven't relaxed, and have fears my symptoms may be neurological. I'm still feeling uneasy and frequently research online (not recommended, I know) - and I have worries that I might be suffering from a pituitary tumor. Do I have some sort of severe Hypochondriac symptoms? What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|