Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Losing interest in my boyfriend?

Hey, I hope I can find some kind people who will help me solve this.

Last summer I met this wonderful boy, very sweet, underrated and with low self esteem. We decided to date each other. We have been dating for 3 months as of 3 days ago. He loves me a lot and I am certain of that. He tries harder in school, he tries to play guitar better and has A LOT more self esteem and respect for his culture since I became his girlfriend. He compliments me a lot and stuff, but I've noticed a decline in how happy he is around me. We constantly fight and he ends up apologizing for something he didn't need to apologize for, makes me feel bad and makes me want him to try for something better.

I'm constantly annoyed around him and I'm constantly in a bad mood when around him. I wish I wasn't. Even his guitar playing which I used to fall asleep to is extremely annoying and makes me want to smash his guitar D:

I constantly surprise him, take him to Starbucks, pay for his drinks, and buy him random gifts when I can. I like to take him on the skytrain not telling him where we're going and letting him buy something. (eg. Guitar strings, band t-shirts, etc.) and he hasn't really surprised me at all.
For Christmas I got him a Line 6 Pocket Pod (A preamplifier for his guitar, it's the best one you can get and it cost me $150) plus a $20 gift card to his instrument store (Haha we're musically gifted people). He's wanted it for months and didn't look like he really liked it when I gave it to him. He didn't get me anything for Christmas. I sound like such a stuck up b**** right now. D:

One last thing: I'm 15 he's 14 and we're sexually active. I know. We're young but we (used to) be madly in love. I'm taking Alesse and since it's the start of a new month, is it just the pills making me pissy? PLEASE HELP.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
my god get a life your only 15, live the life of a 15 yr old not a adult, i would stay single till i was atleast 20 plus or you will miss out alot on life believe me, i got married a had kids at 19 and my god do i regret it, never see my daughter and never done the things you should do at that age so get a grip and finish it, time heals any pain caused you have to be cruel to be kind
|

Extremely eHealthy
Unfortunately this is sort of the way these things go when you're younger. Young hearts run hot and cold a lot and that's exactly how you're supposed to be. I think you may be at the end of things with this relationship. If you're not happy it's probably healthier for you to move on then to stick things out until you find a better reason to leave.
|

Extremely eHealthy
i agree with wolf here... you are still very young you should be out with your mates having fun talking about fashion and cell phones etc. not wondering if you love a boy or dealing with issues your to young for that! go and enjoy your life! Jenny
|

Thanks for the input. We aren't exactly stereotypical teenagers, so finding someone who shares your interests is pretty rare. I've had 2 boyfriends in my life, both of them were kind of like me but we had our major differences.

Is there something I can do besides just breaking up with him? He's wonderful and caring, but sometimes he really annoys me. Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
try talking to him about how you feel, tell him what it is he does that irritates you and gets you annoyed...good luck...Jenny
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2010
When i was on Alesse for only two months I went through something very very similar to this. when I stopped taking it there was a Big change.
(HE FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!)
"Even his guitar playing which I used to fall asleep to is extremely annoying and makes me want to smash his guitar"
That was me to, except i was a lot worse.. almost did smash it...

are you sure he normally celebrates Christmas? if he does, then boo him. but you should really Talk to him about surprises, hints don't work.

it took half a month for me to get back to normal(even though i thought i was while on the pill)and now me and my boyfriend are madly in love - again!

anyways i don't have a point or anything, just sharing my own story. Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2010
Community Volunteer
A 14 year old boy is a 14 year old boy...Having had two of these, believe me they don't fall in love at this age...However, they will take the best of both worlds and if this means a girl who is going all the way with them, this is an added bonus...It takes many years for a boy to grow into a man...Unfortunately, we women (girls) can't wait...We read about love, watch movies about love and yearn for this "love" that we hear about...Find something else to do with life...Let "love" and especially sexual love be a surprise for you in the future...Just my thoughts...

Caroline
|