Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Lorazepam 0.5 mg

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I've been occasionally taking generic Ativan or Lorazepam. I am taking 0.5mg and am experiencing some issues with taking it before bed as I tend to wake up more when I take it before bedtime. I have a lot of anxiety in the evenings and when the sun sets. It seems very cyclical in nature and I suffer from pretty severe seasonal affective disorder. Is there a chance that could be causing me to wake up while sleeping? I am having trouble with sleep maintenance with sleep apnea as well, so there's a lot of 'moving parts' if you will that I can't figure out what is doing what. I also just started Lexapro 10 mg and last night was my second night of 10 mg of Escitalopram Oxalate/[Lexapro generic]. I'm doing my best to figure out what is causing me to wake up so frequently while sleeping but all I can think of is sleep apnea and chronic stress. I have had panic attacks a lot while trying to onset sleep and it feels like my blood pressure goes up but not heart rate. I get sort of clammy/sweaty and my body has the sensation of like a monster being in the room where I'm almost too afraid to move. It happens as I'm drifting off to sleep most noticeably. I sometimes get so afraid of the pre-bed anxiety that I avoid going to bed sometimes for 20 hours or more. What could be causing this? I am trying to provide the best information I can, but I just am curious if others know if Lorazepam can cause awakenings in the late night/early morning hours? Are there better alternatives that I could pursue instead of relying on Ativan for sleeping every night?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply