Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

loose stools since birth

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
my daughter is almost 2 and has very very loose stools since birth. i only found out yesterday that it takes an average child 3 days to 'apparently' digest their food. i clearly see in my daughter's nappies that by night time or the next morning she has digested hr breakfast or dinner. the doctor isn't interested and blames it on 'toddler trots' after me inquiring about food allergies or digestive system moving too quickly. she will toilet 3 sometimes 4 times a day and large amounts too which is odd because it's hard to get anything down her most of the time. she has had SEVERE nappy rash problems since about 4 months which despite stupid amounts of different creams, nappy off time and fragrance free products can still get as bad as bleeding. i know this is a ramble but the health care round here seems very poor and i am lost!! please help Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
My daughter had the same issues and still does - I have still not figured out what is wrong. My daughter is now potty trained but I can give a suggestion on diaper rash cream....my daughter used to get the bleeding sores and such...we got a prescription for nystatin from the doctor...it cleared it up within a day!!! Everytime it got pinkish...we put it on and it made her a much happier girl!! Smile I know not much help...I hope you find out soon!
|

Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like your daughter has a digestive disorder. The cause is in question.

Food allergies are one possibility, as are various intestinal problems and absorption.

If I where you, I would take her to another pediatrician for a second opinion.

What you are describing is not the usual and should be checked out.

If your pediatrician is ignoring your concerns, that is not a doctor that you should be dealing with and taking your daughter to.

Good luck

Fran
|

User Profile
thankyou for your replies. i have asked 2 health visitors, a midwife and two doctors so how do i go about this now???

Jessie
|

replied November 20th, 2009
Jessie - I do not have much advice to give as I have been dealing with it for almost 3 years now. I personally made modifications to her diet myself that seemed to help - so now we are not doing as badly. I went as far as paying (I am broke now for awhile) for a pediatric gastro...(i cannot spell it) doctor out of pocket because the doctors at Kaiser did not feel she had a problem....And without doing some major internal investigating (which I was not willing to put her through) they said that they found nothing.....and honestly they did not recommend I put her through the testing....But like I said I made changes to her diet that seemed to help. She was off of milk for alomst 2 years...no dairy - only rice milk.....no soy - no gluten.....She is not 100% and neither is my 7 year old - but they are doing better....If you find anything out though please pass it along - I have been trying for 7 years to figure out what is wrong with my children's digestive tracks!!

Good luck to you
|