Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

long would it take for the lymph node to subside?

User Profile
hi Doctor, i have been diagnosed Tb involving lymph node on the right side of my neck. the test taken were FNA, ESR, LDH and CPR. i have been taking the first line drugs for the past two months now. took out further tests which show my ESR has come to normal from 62 and so goes with LDH and CRP. lymph node has also decreased to a fraction but not all of it. my question here is that how long would it take for the lymph node to subsidies completely. thankyou.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2012
Tuberculosis Answer A30068
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

For the TB lymph node to subside you will need to take complete 6-9 month treatment (depending on your regimen). During this time the lymph node will shrink in size. Complete disappearance may take a few months more, but those nodes are infection free. . Hope this helps. Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.