Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Long term Indecision

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I've got a problem. I'm 36 and I'm having career problems. I'm currently in massage school, just started, and I'm thinking of already quitting. Problem is I just can't do it. I think about studying fashion design, it's always been a dream of mine. But, I fear that there will not be any work out there for me, that I won't like the industry people and so that is why I choose to study massage therapy.
I also have personal issues; anxiety.
A part of me thinks that I should stay in school, 1 1/2 yrs., and do fashion on the side. But, a part of me longs for some schooling in business and fashion courses. I am just a mess with the constant back and forth of my mind. I had seen a psychotherapist for a few years and have now decided to see a psychiatrist to speak to. I feel like this indecisiveness has affected my whole life, it has been ongoing for years, and it has affected my relationships...etc.
I don't know what to do. I obviously need clarity and am constantly trying. I feel like I have tried everything. I don't like who I am right now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|