Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Long term effects of brain aneurysm?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I suffered a brain aneurysm last June, 6-19-11, and it has been almost a year now and I still have alot of pain in the left side of my body. I still need to lay down 2-3 times a day to rest and that helps the pain go away. I see many people still get bad headaches even after surgery from an aneurysm. I had bad headaches for years before my aneurysm and now if I get a headache, I can't do anything until I take my pain medication they're so bad. I still limp from the pain in my body if I'm up and around too much. It will be a year next month since my surgery and was wondering if anyone else has had long lasting effects like this. I have a new doctor who doesn't seem to think I qualify for disability anymore and won't sign my medical release for my benefits. I have since applied for social security benefits, but I'm now very worried that I won't have any money comming in at all. The doctor told me my aneurysm was a long time ago and it was clipped so I should be fine by now and doesn't see any medical reason to continue getting my benefits. I was nearly in tears when I left the doctor's office. He made me feel like I was lying to him and that I should be fine by now. I am optimistic that I will in fact keep getting better, but it seems to be a slow process. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I don't know how to prove to this doctor that my mobility is still limited.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2012
Yes I have encountered this and still am....even though my ruptured brain aneurysm was back in 2003, I still get migraines every day...sometimes several times a day. CT scans and MRI's showed nothing abnormal. I have short term memory problems and it's hard to function on a daily basis...I have not applied for disability due to the fact that 7 out of 10 people get denied right from the start. Unfortunately, doctors don't seem to take an injury or illness seriously unless it can be seen visually. I know this first hand. I wish I had something positive for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?