Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

long term Effects of Adderall and Zoloft and Interactions

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I was wondering about medications interacting with each other.
I have been on Adderall and Zoloft for over 12 years (currently on 75mg of zoloft and 5mg of Adderall)
Additionally i was recently prescribed Xanax (.5mg 3 times a day) For Anxiety Issues (Headachse Dizziness) And Prilosac (20mg about a week Ago) For Gastric Reflex issue. I was wondering what Interactions these drugs have and if they may be causing the Gastric and head issues. Spicificly i was wondering what possible effects long term use of sertraline (zoloft) and Amphetamine salts (Adderall) have?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2010
Community Volunteer
That's a dang good question and I would like an answer as well.

I too take amphetamine salts (10-20mg daily) and for about a month or so, SOMA at night (yes, I know can be very addicting), Prilosec as needed (for gastritis).

So in the morning an upper or two and at bedtime a downer...

You mentioned anxiety...did yours start a while after taking Adderall? It can be a side effect...took approx 6 months for mine to kick in... I've learned to deal with it and breathe when I feel anxiety coming on.

Suppose we could contact a pharmacist or two and see what guidance they might provide.

Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?