Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

long distance relationship and it has been far from easy.

I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now. We have a long distance relationship and it has been far from easy. I've been going back and forth lately with whether to stay with her or end it. We got together right when I discovered that I was into women so she has been the only woman I've been with. Fine myself tempted with other women constantly.....is this because I never really took the time to experience my "gayness". I jumped right into this relationship as soon as I realized I was gay. She has had other girlfriends and has experience and she is all I've had. I'm not saying I'd want to go out and sleep with tons of girls cuz that's not who I am. I just think I may regret it if I don't take the time to find out who I truly am in all of this. The distance doesn't help either I only get to see her once or twice a year cuz we live so far and that won't be changing anytime soon. Atleast not for several more years. I guess I'm just looking for advice on what to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2011
Experienced User
Only you can answer this for yourself. Is your heart really into the relationship? Do you truly love this woman? If you are second guessing yourself about either of these questions, you need to look at your options. Long distance relationships are never easy. Cheating is more likely to occur. Being physically intimate is rarely possible. Making time for each other is an issue. Long distance relationships can have a slew of problems, but they're not impossible if the partners truly are devoted and love each other, and treat the relationship like any other. If there are gaps, however, long distance relationships can often be treated like they are nothing. People don't take them seriously and sometimes don't even consider themselves taken. I am not saying this is you or your girlfriend, I am only pointing it out. Also, about your bisexuality or homosexuality, make sure you're into that as well. Make sure you're not straight. Jumping into relationships, especially RIGHT after you conisdered yourself homosexual is very iffy. Maybe you need more experimentation with women to know if they're truly right for you. I would stay in this relationship for now, but make sure that along the way you aren't doubting the relationship or feel like you're not in love. If so, act on it immediately. DOn't lead this woman on. But truly, only you can decide what to do in the end. Listen to your heart. It can tell you a lot.
Best of luck
Lylan
|

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
If you find yourself tempted, then maybe you aren't ready for a relationship yet, like Lylan said, please don't lead her on its not fair to her.

As for long distance relationships, I met my Gf in another country and Im talking other end of the world but we're sitting next to each other happily Smile... Relationships are alot of work.
|