Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Lo Loestrin Fe. periods start on the second week

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
So this is my 5th month on lo loestrin fe. Every month my period starts on the second week instead of during the white and brown pills. Is that normal? And also, this month, going by what has happened before I should have started my period today but I haven't. I do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend. This is all very confusing to me and should I be worried?

Edit: During the time when I am taking the white and brown pills there is light spotting. So id the major bleeding with cramps I experience on the second week breakthrough bleeding every month?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The midcycle or the mid pack bleeding that you describe could be the breakthrough bleeding, and since there is breakthrough bleeding, the usual period/withdrawal bleeding (that is supposed to start on your placebo pills) is lighter (as endometrial lining takes some time to get rebuilt). If worried, visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation, clarification, and assistance. If worried about efficacy of your birth control pills, or pregnancy, use back-up protection while having intercourse. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2013
I too am on lo lo and get my period on the second week of the pack. I've been on them for 6 months now and I do not get a period on the last row of pills like I would with any other brand. I wonder if I would then actually be ovulating when I'm on the placebo pills (last row)? I'm going to keep searching the web for anyone else on lo lo that this is happening to.
|

replied August 14th, 2013
Happened to me. Im on the 7th pack... But i guess u dont have to be scared.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.