Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Living without kidney ?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
hi i am asking this in need of a friend who have kidney problem..... i have kidney problems. Can i live without it? Well its not cleaning the blood how it suppose to. What can i do to prevent my kidney from been a problem? Can it be cured??? what can be used for it??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
If you are worried about your kidney function, you should be checked with simple tests as routine blood and urine tests (looking for protein or albumin in the urine) and a calculation of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) based on a serum creatinine measurement (showing how efficiently the kidneys are filtering wastes from the blood).
Impaired kidney function, often, develops during many years, slowly, and results in kidney failure.
Small or mild declines in kidney function, as much as 30 to 40 percent, would rarely be noticeable.
When kidney function drops below 10 to 15 percent, a person needs some form of renal replacement therapy, either blood-cleansing treatments called dialysis or a kidney transplant, to sustain life.
People with only one healthy, well functioning kidney can lead normal life.
Regulating blood pressure, keeping the blood glucose levels in normal range, not using certain medications that are harmful for kidney, helps avoiding kidneys damage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: kidney
Quick Reply