Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Living with a 90% blockage

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
Hi everyone, I recently had a mild heart attack. Mild in the sense that it appears to have done no damage to my heart. I'm recovering , but having a very difficult time emotionally...my constant worry is that they performed an angiogram and found a 90% blockage but were unable to do anything with it. The doctors seemed only mildly concerned and sent me home with a pocket full of meds and advise me to go to emerg in the future if things don't feel right. Don't get me wrong they were actually great and I just had my follow up visit and stress and echo look good but I still have this constant fear of the blockage and just can't understand why it's ok to leave it...any others experiance with this would perhaps put my mind at ease.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2012
Hi Juno. I'm 47 with no previous Heart issues.Not overweight very active prior and have always eating somewhat healthy by most standards. Some family history and high cholestrol which were strong markers but not recognized by my GP ( that's another story) The 30% blockage is in my LAD at the top end and my 90% blockage is in the first diagonal right at the branch of the main LAD. The response I get is it's a small artery and stenting it would jeopardize the main artery. When I asked what will happen when it blocks. I'm told maybe you'll have a heart attack maybe not. This leaves me feeling like a ticking time bomb...
|
Did you find this post helpful?