Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Liver Test elevated

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Hi,

I had my blood test done about 2 months ago and my liver test came back elevated so my doctor said wait a month and we will do them again well they were worse my blood test were ast 96 and my alt was 106 and i had a ct and it came back as fatty infiltration of the liver and diverticula of the sigmoid colon are seen what does that mean and my doctor check me for hepatitist and it was negative and i dont drink i havent been feeling good been very tired and dont wanna eat much at all i'm just scared should i be concerned??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2008
hi there,
what will your doctor do now with your situation? will they do a surgery? what is diverticula of the sigmoid colon? did the doctor tell you the causes of this condition? what are your symptoms? are you getting any pains anywhere? are you bloated? thanks
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2008
Well i'm going to see a GI doctor tomorrow i had to wait like a month and a half but i have no idea what diverticula of the sigmoid colon is i'm going to ask the gi doctor what it is when i see him. and thats why i wanted to post my ct results and liver test results on here to see if anyone new what could be wrong. I've just been very very tired and dont want to eat much.
Thanks
|

replied September 21st, 2008
did you go to your GI?
Hi, 34 yr old male, non drinker here. Did you meet with the GI doctor? I too have elevated liver enzymes 80 AST - 180 ALT and have been feeling lousy lately - especially no appetite. I don't know if there is any connection but I had an abdominal ultrasound done and it was normal. I also tested negative for hepatitis. What did your GI doctor say? What could cause the increase? Are you pursuing any specific potential diseases/conditions? I am most worried about some type of cancer but with the normal ultrasound I think it's not likely that the liver is causing the problems.

I am curious what your GI said as i will be going to my GI this week. Did he give you something for your appetite? My GP said that he did not want to give me anything for my appetite because appetite stimulators can hurt the liver....catch 22 eh?!

Oh and if you dont already know diverticula are like little pouches/pockets that show up along the colon (large intestine). I don't think they're the most serious thing - if they get infected I understand it can be painful but if you treat your colon right you can live with them. I believe they are mostly caused by diet (fats, meats, not enough fiber etc). They are largely a western world condition. I also have these.
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
yes i did
Well i went to my GI doctor and he said the fatty liver can make my ast and alt high but he did another test on me to see if it is higher or what...... And i still dont feel good tired and dont want to eat. I see him at the end of this month so i will see how that came out and thank you.
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2008
Hi,

I went to my GI for my lab results and he said they were higher my liver test in july was ast 96 and alt 106 and this liver test i just had was ast 148 and alt 163 and my iron was 602.2 and he said that was very high he said i could have some kind of condition i cant remember what it was and it can make my iron level be so high and my liver test too he ran those test on me. And hes worried cause of how much higher it went up in 2 months would you know what he would be looking for in the test for the iron??
|

replied September 30th, 2008
I think you are referring to hemochromatosis - when your body stores too much iron. I dont know anything about it actually. I may have it though - am going for a biopsy soon. Have you had an ultrasound?
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2008
Hi laoks9999
Well how are you feeling? and have you gone to get your biopsy? yet well the hemochromatosis might be what i have but i'm not sure my GI called me and he wants me to come in and see him so he can go over my test results i had an appoitment to see him at the end of the month but he wanted me to come in in a couple of days so i will be going to see him i hope it's nothing bad cause he wouldnt tell me over the phone but i hope he can figure out whats wrong with me well hope to hear from you soon.....
Jen
|