Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

Liver nodules

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
So I had a CT of my chest yesterday which included the upper part of my liver.
Results:
Small Hiatal Hernia and/or gastroesophageal reflux not excluded. At least 2 hepatic hypervascular foci noted measuring approximately 9mm in the left hepatic lobe near the dome, while the larger in the posterior right hepatic lobe is peripheral and somewhat wedge-shape measuring 1.7 x 1.5cm. May represent small adenomas in a patient of this age with other possibilities as transient hepatic attenuation defects an small focal nodular hyperplasia not excluded.

What does this mean? Little freaked out here..... Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

The CT report indicates the presence of 2 nodules in the liver , which most probably appear to be hepatic adenomas.

Hepatic adenomas are uncommon benign epithelial liver tumors that develop in an otherwise normal appearing liver.

They are seen predominantly in young women (20 to 44 years-old),and are associated with prolonged contraceptive use, glycogen storage diseases (GSD), and hepatic adenomatosis.

Since the possibility of bleeding is associated with larger adenomas, selected lesions might have to be resected.

You might consult a gastroenterologist, who can perform additional tests to know the exact diagnosis and then decide the necessary treatment.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.