I was reading different forums and questions and found this is very useful.
My father has also got a Blood Cancer as diagnosed by Doctors here in Pakistan, all blood tests has been taken many times but not taken bone marrow biopsy yet.
Here is brief Summary:
- HB Level gets 5.9 in Nov 2009 then we transfused 2 packed cells units, HB reached to 10.3 a month back, then reduced to 6.5 again and we transfused three packed cells this week. Now its 9.1.
- Liver is enlarged, Current Size is 19.cm
- Spleen is excessively enlarged, Size is 28.cm
- My father have bleeding sometimes from nose
- He got breathing problem
- He got too much weakness and getting very weak, weight loss
- He is diabetic patient since last 10 years, taking Insulin daily.
- Age 60 years
- Platelets are also very less in counting (i can send you scanned reports) and he is getting fever once in a week.
Here in Pakistan Doctors dont pay more attention on treatment, coz they always looking for money and they charge money for each minute they spent. but problem is still they dont take such patients seriously.
Last test recommended by Dr was Bone Marrow Biopsy, and my father is very week and not willing for this test, coz many friends have bad experience and pain after the Bone Marrow Test(Its bit complicated as i heard, but not sure).
Though everything happens by the Will of God, and Allah (God) knows who is going to live till when and thats our faith. But treatment obviously is very important, with this believe that God is the only authority who cure us.
What you suggest for my father, how we proceed, shall i go with Bone Marrow Test or can we start treatment without this test?
I would like to speak with you in more detail, i would appreciate if you could get sometime to reply me.
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.