Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Little toes turning black and painful

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I don't know what to think, my little toes up to an inch and a half above hurt very much and the bottom of my right little toe is black. This has been going on progressavley for the last 3 months. I smoke and tend to think it may be not enough blood is getting there? I am a wedding photographer and really need my feet to work right. I where open shoes, thongs and such so, the little toes are not being squeesed or anything like that.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper photogtara
|

replied September 6th, 2009
RE:Black toes
Are you diabetic? Either way, you're right quit the smoking, it reduces the amount of oxygen that gets to your extremities. It sounds like your toes are becoming necrotic. You need to see an actual doctor right away, to see what you can do about improving blood flow and preventing infection.
|

RE:Black toes
Are you diabetic? Either way, you're right; quit the smoking, it reduces the amount of oxygen that gets to your extremities. It sounds like your toes are becoming necrotic. You need to see an actual doctor right away, to see what you can do about improving blood flow and preventing infection.
|

User Profile
Supporter
i hope i m wrong! you definately need to go to the hospital.
GANGERENE!!!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW

Gangrene is the medical term for the death of a patch of tissue. It can occur in the skin, the muscles, or even the internal organs. Symptoms usually start suddenly, then get steadily worse. The problem is most commonly found in the arms and legs.
Causes

The death of tissue that defines gangrene begins when a section of the body loses its blood supply. It's often the result of a serious accident in which an arm or leg is crushed. Less commonly, it follows an internal blockage, such as a clogged or obstructed artery. There are two major types of gangrene:
|

replied September 7th, 2009
I went to the emergency room and saw a stupid anti-christ doc who told me my shoes werew too tight. I showed him the only shoes I ware thongs. Then they said it wasn't an emergency and I had to pay $200 to get any more help. So, I've gone on line and found Burger's Deseise it is from smokeing and the only treatment is to quite any tobacco products,YESTERDAY!!! So, that is what I'm doing. Yes it is gangerene that sets into the end of fingers and toes. More common among men in the past but now in the U.S. it is becomming more common for people over 50, I'm 53...
|
Tags: smoke, feet
Quick Reply