Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Liquid bubble on arm ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
User Profile
8 days ago I noticed a bubble of liquid on my arm, sort of like a round, squishy blister. The liquid is yellowish in colour and the surrounding skin is reddened. I popped it with a sterilised needle and applied some witch hazel gel to it and it just scabbed over. However, I noticed another one a bit lower down my arm this morning... I went to the doctor's to see if they could tell me exactly what it was but he wasn't particularly helpful and didn't know what it was either, he just told me not to pop it. Many years ago I got the same problem on the bottom of my legs and I seem to remember a doctor saying it was some kind of spider bite.
I'm not sure if it is but last night I wore a long t shirt to bed with a hooded jumper over it as I was feeling a bit feverish... so I don't know how a spider could have gotten to my arm unless it had bitten me the day before and took a while to flare up? Please help! It's happened in a rather noticeable place and I don't know how long it will take to go away or if more will come up...

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile pttc
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2009
Experienced User
It sounds like a boil.
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2009
It's definitely not a boil, it looks nothing like one haha
Plus i'm pretty sure the doctor would have recognised a boil, he didn't have a clue what it was.
It's literally just a bubble of skin with liquid in it and it's soft to the touch, not hard in the slightest and it didn't start off as a sore area either, it literally just appeared! hmm.
|

replied August 22nd, 2011
bite
hia, im having the same problem. IM in the Usa, on a summer camp. and 2week ago i notice one on my foot, but it went away week after. then i had one on my leg which was very painful and grew and grew where i had to go quick care, the doc didnt know it was think its a spider bite so i had antibitiotics. iv been on antibitiotics for 1week now and i have more on my other leg and arm!, 8 in total and im very anxious of it. I go ny tomorrow then home week today so i look forward to getting full treatment as they are vile... help/ x
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2009
Supporter
It sounds like you have a lipoma.
"A lipoma is a common, benign tumor composed of fatty tissue. Lipomas are soft to the touch, usually moveable, and are generally painless. They grow very slowly, and in rare cases can become cancerous (Malignant liposarcoma also arises from fatty tissue.) Many lipomas are small but can enlarge to sizes greater than six centimeters."
You should be ok as long as you keep an eye on it for changes.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Again, not that... It's filled with clear liquid, not fatty tissue... It popped the other day as gross as that sounds, and I must have itched it when I was sleeping, I seem to remember my arm being really itchy! Now it's just a sore area on my arm... looks like a layer of my skin is missing! Anything I should put on it to stop it getting infected? I don't know if I should put a plaster on it incase it stops it from healing properly.
|

replied August 3rd, 2012
I wonder whats the side effects?
Mine are

1.Swollen around the bite
2.Trouble breathing
3.Weakness feeling
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Supporter
Could it be a ganglion cyst? Ganglion cysts are filled with clear fluid.
I'm reluctant to suggest any treatment since you don't know what the bubble is. It may be something for a doctor to handle instead of trying to self treat it.
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
bubble
HEYYY. I am trying to figure out what it is also! My sister has been having weird tiny bubbles like that appear on her arm as well!
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2009
Do you think you could take a picture and send the link to me so I can tell you if it's the same thing that I got?
I haven't had any more, just the two I've mentioned and they've both just scabbed over now... Still have no idea what it was but I assume it was a spider bite.
|

replied June 6th, 2009
Hi pttc,
my friend in Hong Kong is having the same skin problem as you, it sounds like. I have been looking online too. My guess is its Impetigo or some other bacterial infection. Be careful cause it is contagious. It can easily spread to your face if the juice pops. Let me know if you learn anymore.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Similar issue
My daughter has exactly the same thing as described here... a small bulb of what appears to be clear liquid inside. No apparent cause from a bug bite, but she's 8 so certainly could be that. She appears to have other bite marks elsewhere on same arm, although none have a clear bulb like this one.
|

replied July 5th, 2009
My daughter is 2 years old and also had two of those things filled with liquid appear over night on her leg and later that day one appeared on her arm. The two on her leg are scabbing and it looks so weird. My daughter doesn't seem to be scratching it and it doesn't seem to hurt her either. I am thinking it's a spider bite too, I just want to know if I can do something to get rid of that type of spider 'cause that is weird. I am becoming very paranoid now....lol!
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2009
cassey1234, my bites appeared overnight too.
i got a few on my legs in a couple of instances but they happened when i was a lot younger, perhaps around the age of 12? i don't seem to remember what happened to them, but they haven't scarred. they did burst through no fault of my own though.
however i got a couple on my arm more recently which also burst... those have scarred! i'm unsure what kind of spider it is, i'm pretty sure the doctor told me all those years ago when i first got them but i can't remember...
|

replied July 7th, 2009
I have those to! ITS FREAKING ME OUT BECAUSE THEY ARE ON MY FACE! I have been looking around online and everyone seems to have it but no one knows what it is. I found a skinny cat outside and she was a sweetheart so i stated feeding her and letting her in the house and i thought it could be a reaction to her????
|

replied August 27th, 2009
Insect bite, don't worry
It's an insect bite. I have a very strong reaction to spider and mosquito bites which forms these bubbles with yellowish water-like fluid in them. If you pop it, sometimes it just refills and other times it dries up.

I wouldn't be worried about them at all as spiders are all over the place this time of the year.

Something bit me on the ankle yesterday and as I'm typing now there's an itchy bubble on my ankle. I'll probably leave it there for the day and drain it before vball later on today.
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
i have the same thing, and it's been here for like 3 months, if you ever get back on write me.
|

replied October 21st, 2009
its probably a mosquito bite...i get them every time im bitten (i have one now on my leg) its b/c im allergic and theyre very itchy so thats probably wat u have too cuz its the exact thing i have from wat u described..hope this helps
|

replied February 19th, 2010
I get them now and again, they are just insect bites, nothing serious...although I've never had them on my face...usually torso area, arms, legs and back. They usually start as your basic red itchy bites but then later form into a blister type with clear to pale yellow liquid inside, or you will get tiny little 'blisters' on one bite. Basically all I do is keep the bites as clean as I can and if you pop or touch the puss clean hands and area straight away as it can spread, use a anti itching cream/lotion like calamine or a itchy bite cream like bactroban it should disappear in 3-7 days. If the 'blister' pops and skin underneath is exposed it may have a slight inflammation to it, do NOT cover it just let it air dry to heal, sometimes these form scab lids or they just do down on their own, both is a good sign. Make sure to use clean linen everyday and wash separately to avoid spreading to others...Hope this helps everyone!!!!!!
|

replied November 15th, 2010
Blister/bubble thing on arm
Can you post photos on here? I just took some of my arm with that exact thing on it - I keep getting it though, it keeps coming back every few weeks. Can't tell if I'm being bitten again and again or if there's something in my system. Also, some other little bite things on my fingers have become like blood blisters ... has anyone had that happen? So glad to find other people have had this liquid bubble thing because it's so strange and you're right PTTC, doctors don't seem to be very helpful about it - just look puzzled and give me antibiotics every time. It's definitely not a boil or any of those other suggestions. And it's really itchy!!!
|

replied November 15th, 2010
It's most likely a bite. I've seen tons of picture of those exact types of reactions to spider bites.
|

replied December 4th, 2010
NO MATTER IF ITS BUG BITE OR NOT,first of course, wash with soap,then try putting some 'butt paste' ( dont laugh, its another name for zinc oxide, or diaper rash cream) you can buy in most drug stores/99cent stores,then a bandaid and leave it alone for 2 days, then look at it.. what you want to do is clean it and cap it ( cover real well with bandaid) so you dont get any dirt in it.if it spreads, stop worrying, that makes it worse.if butt paster doesnt work, you can use neosporin, but the butt paste works well for a few reasons. it locks dirt out. it also keeps buggys from breathing so if you do have buggys, spread thin layer and wait for few minutes.. if tiny 'air holes' start to emerge, really carefully pull skin tight with your fingers, then gently grab it and pull out like a splinter.. very important, if you bleed, STOP!! you dont have buggys, so clean it and cap it..if stil there in a few days or changes color to black, or red 'lines' go from it, get to your doctor..if one doc dismisses you, find another...
|
Quick Reply