Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Lime green vaginal discharge

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I noticed after I went pee, that I had a long discharge, it was like a lime green. Almost like mucus. It doesn't have a smell and I'm not itching or anything down there. I just had a pap smear two weeks ago, and everything came back normal. What could it be then?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2009
Supporter
You could have trichomoniasis or some other STD. Pap smears don't test for STDs; they test for cancerous cells or abnormal/ precancerous cells.
You need to be tested for STDs ASAP.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
hello
I have the same thing but there is a smell, constantly. I was tested for STDs and they came back negative, they said it was a common bacterial infection. I got treated for it and now it's back. The meds I was on is called "Clotrimazole & Betamethasone Dipropionate" Any help what I should do next?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Supporter
The only thing I can suggest is that you go back to the doctor. He may prescribe a different, stronger medication the second time around.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
I would, if I had insurance again. It's really embarassing. Douching helps it for one day, but I know they can be really dangerous.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
I would, if I had insurance again. It's really embarassing. Douching helps it for one day, but I know they can be really dangerous.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2009
Supporter
You could try going to the Department of Social Services clinic, planned parenthood or another type of free or low cost clinic. I don't think this is something you can test yourself.
|

replied February 28th, 2010
lime green discharge and disconfert lower abdomen
I have the same thing and all test come back normal. I have been on antibiotics twice and it still comes back. I also feel bloated and a aching disconfort on my lower abdomen so they gave me a ultrasound but it all came back normal. I did get diagnosed with sqamous pre cancer cells and will be getting a leep in April but doctor says the discharge has nothing to do with that. I have got Std tests and urine tests, pregnancy test. Everything. They give me antibiotics because they found white cells in my urine which means urine infection but when i get it tested it comes back with no culture growing. If anyone can help me please message me or post something.
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2010
i had that same discharge after i had my first daughter and i told the doctor my concerns so she took a look and came back and told me that there was nothing i should worry about that it was just that i wasnt having enough sex or too much sex, i was really young at that time so sfter she said that i didnt say nothing more. after that it just kind of went away and now i just have a white discharge that has a fishy smell.
|

replied September 29th, 2012
What if your discharge,is a lime green bt tint of white. Could it be a sign of pregnancy
|

What if your discharge,is a lime green bt tint of white. Could it be a sign of pregnancy
|

I had a D&C surgery a few weeks ago and i just noticed that i had a long, lime green discharge, with no smell. I have no idea what it could be...
|