Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Lightheadedness and back pain after cut

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Here is da whole story it mite b a little wrng bt give me sincere answers plz... About 3 months ago I gt a cut while doing eyebrows it was a little deep than usual nd I started bleeding and after 2 minutes I fainted I guess cuz i panicked or sum and after that i used to feel lightheaded at times ilk whoozy and fast heartbeat and sweaty but it gt better nw i barely feel lightheDed bt still gt sweaty hands and feet and fast heartbeat and also sumtines after I eat my stomach gets all gasy or I feel heaviness in chest and sumtines I also feel a lump in throat and weird taste in mouth... Also for past two weeks I have back pain it started with lower back and now it's sometimes on lower back sometimes top And sometimes middle and my shoulder muscles ate also tensed as well as my abdominal muscles...and also sometimes my legs feel weak and my arms and my arm muscles also feel sore sometimes.. What is causing all this I'm always worrying about it and i tend to look up online and find very scary stuff and get scared I dnt hav insurance to go to do tor so please give me answer.....and sometimes i feel like im moving or swaying.. and today morning i woke up and when i put my head up or down my thorat hurts lik feels lik it stretching and in the middle of my throat on left i can feel a little bump and it hurts when i press it.. please help im really worried
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2010
it sounds like your cut triggered a panic attack and a vasovagal attack; in short, for whatever reason you got freaked out and fainted and have had some ongoing panic and anxiety associated with the experience (which is normal).

i feel like what you're experiencing is a state of "hypervigilance", where you're monitoring even the smallest changes in your body and noticing them where you wouldn't have noticed before. focusing so intently on the goings-on of your body can cause you to feel normal sensations even more strongly than if you ignored them -- also, because you're so focused on feeling every little thing that seems unusual, your muscles are responding by tightening up and tensing up and you ache. and certainly, you're feeling panic or anxiety that "something is wrong". its likely that nothing is wrong at all; you are just feeling residual panic from your fainting episode and are focusing so much on every thing your body does that you are convinced something is wrong.

My recommendation is to try relaxing, breathe deeply and slowly, have confidence that nothing is wrong -- and really, if something was badly wrong you'd have something serious happen and you'd end up in the hospital.

you should go to a "walk-in" clinic -- for about $100 you can be seen by a doctor who can check on you, and in all likelihood reassure you that nothing is physically wrong, and explain how panic, anxiety and PTSD work.
|
Did you find this post helpful?