Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Lightheaded with chest pains

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have chest pains, alot. i recently was sittin down and felt real light headed i thought for sure i was goin to pass out. this has happened one othr time close to a year ago, but worse. im young and have no idea what the problem is.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2009
Chest Pain Answer A7356
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
The symptoms you describe (I have chest pains, a lot. I recently was sitting down and felt real light headed) could be due to a number of things.
Chances are that you have esophageal reflux (GERD), where the food in your stomach is thrown up into your food pipe or esophagus. This also causes burning sensation or discomfort in the chest area. Another possibility is hiatal hernia, where a portion of stomach herniates into the chest cavity through the diaphragm. This along with chest discomfort cause shortness of breath too.
Also any chest discomfort should be investigated for a heart problem too. Please consult your doctor as a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.