Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

light red period blood!!

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have just started my period again, not late a little bit early, the thing is i'm usually really heavy and dark with not alot of pain.

but with this one it's a constant pain and it's a bright red color and just as heavy as normal

is this normal?

Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper miss_muzik
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2008
Supporter
First of all --- how old are you and how long have you been getting your menstrual period?
|

replied August 17th, 2008
I'm 21 and have had a period for 12 years
|

User Profile
Supporter
I'm in my early 30's and can remember a time when my period was light and I had not pain ... but it changed sometime a few years back and became VERY painful for a day.

I'm not sure if your symptoms point toward a disorder, or not. But you might be wise to visit your OB GYN to seek advice about the changes (color of the blood and severe pain). Can you describe the pain a little better? (Location, possible source, duration, etc.)
|

a permanent dull ache in my lower stomach, i don't usually get pain so was a bit worried!!
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2008
Supporter
Right. As I said, if you suspect something is wrong, go see the gynecologist. But it sounds like you're describing the feeling of hemorrhaging from the inside walls of the uterus. I normally get that low, dull ache for at least 3-5 hours now when I never had it before. Seems pretty normal for a menstrual period. Sad

Does it go away after a while?
|

replied August 19th, 2008
not really...takes me ages to sleep as well so it makes me fell worse!!
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2008
Supporter
Wow. That sounds quite debilitating. I suggest that you follow up by asking your GYN what's going on and what actions you can take in the short term (pain meds) as well as the long term (treatments) to help you during your period. Good luck and let us know what your gynecologist says!
|

replied May 9th, 2010
i had sex 6 days after my period and now the next my i got my period and it is really light and pink could i be pregnant/ it usually dark red and heavy
|

replied September 12th, 2010
balls
|