Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

light pink discharge after my period finished?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Ive only had one sexual partner (bf of 4 years) and for the past 6 months i have itchy labia, discharge and irregualar periods, gyno has done alot of tests and couldnt figure out what was causing it. All the itching has disappeared but this month, before i got my period i have a brown discharge starting 3 days beforehand. I then got a really weird period, i had a lot of blood in the morning and then by the end of the day it was all gone.. this lasted 4 days. after my period finished i still continued getting a light pink discharge, and still 2 weeks later i have it. Its a light pink discharge with no odor that i can detect. Im sick of going to the doctors and not getting a proper answer.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A26649
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Were vaginal swab culture sensitivity tests done? Were the sugar levels tested for you (since you have family history of diabetes). Sugar forms excellent nutrition medium for organisms to thrive. If you are having diabetes, infections will be common and recurrent. The brown discharge and pink discharge could also be suggestive of infections. Hormonal tests done would identify if there are any hormonal derangements causing the irregularity of periods. Drink plenty of water. If infection is detected, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment course. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes (make sure your undergarments are washed properly and have no traces of detergent in them). Avoid use of excessive spices in food.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.