Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

light period meaning ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i was wondering how light is a light period flow? i think i have my period.
and i think its a light flow. this is my second day of this cycle. the other day(before day 1), i was spotting, then next day it started to come up more. ive been only using a pantyliner, and i dont need to change it throughout the day either. the only time i bleed is when i pee. it comes out like a regular period. usually my period is really heavy where i have to change pads every couple hours. but right now its not like that. anyone know whats going on with it? does it mean anything?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lhouisse
|

replied April 1st, 2009
mine too..
but the difference is.. i experienced having a very slimy clear liquid discharge with blood just before my period which is very light... which is very unusual compare to my regular menstruation.. if you get any info about this,, let me know too
|

replied October 30th, 2009
I too have always had very heavy periods, however i also have very irregular periods.. going from 3-9 months!! I have had a few very light periods where you even wonder if it's worth using a pad. My doctor carried out tests and said it was perfectly normal, but i do seem to have a hormone imbalance. I have also spoken to friends who have all said they have had 'the phantom period' (as i call it!)!
|

replied March 18th, 2010
same issue!
has anyone found any real answer to this? i have the exact same problem, where it doesnt flow regularly, but then when i sit and pee, more blood will come out like a regular period. help!!!
|

replied September 25th, 2011
My period normally starts off heavy, this month i was spotting and i could only see light blood when i wiped. then the next day i had red spots on my pad and now again its only very light. my cycle is usually 8 days.
does this mean i could be pregnant?
|

replied December 5th, 2011
hi have u found an answer yet? and is your period back to normal flow already? im facing this problem right now please anybody give me an answer im very worried. thanks!!
|
Quick Reply