Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

light period and pink dishcharge

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 19 years old and for the whole part of my life that I've had my period it had always been the same. I normally have very heavy flow for most of my period only the last day or 2 are light. My period is normally 5 days long, and I use about 4-5 pads a day with almost over flowing on each. I just got my period yesterday, it was still a normal flow yesterday (by medical terms anyways) but really light for me. I only used 3 pads yesterday. Today it is a lot lighter. Hardly anything at all. Oh and the pads that I'm using are not even half way full when I change them. I had normal cramping (for me at lest because I have very bad cramps normally) I'm no longer on birth control (I have not been on it for over 3 months now I believe). I just wanted to know if I should be worried about anything. I'm not sick or stressed out at all. I just don't understand why this might have happened now. Also the day before my period i had a lot of cramping and pain and i also had a very light pink discharge.

I did have sex with my husband these past weeks and the condom has come off in me and all that stuff that could make me pregnant but I don't want to keep jumping to thinking that I'm pregnant if I'm not. so yeah insight would be helpful. thank you very much. Smile

Oh and no I'm not trying to get pregnant that's why I came here to ask this. thanks again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2008
Experienced User
I'd suggest that you start keeping a record of your menstrual cycles, including when menstruation begins and ends, how much flow you have (count numbers of pads and tampons used, noting whether they are soaked), and any other symptoms you experience.

In fact, heavy bleeding is more worrisome as a symptom than light menstrual blood...heavy bleeding may be related to hormonal abnormalities, and treatment of the specific abnormality will correct the bleeding. I think that your symptoms simply might indicate a change in flow after birth control...but if you suspect something else, I suggest you see your gynecologist and take your mesntrual record with you!
|

illustriously fickle wrote:
I'd suggest that you start keeping a record of your menstrual cycles, including when menstruation begins and ends, how much flow you have (count numbers of pads and tampons used, noting whether they are soaked), and any other symptoms you experience.

In fact, heavy bleeding is more worrisome as a symptom than light menstrual blood...heavy bleeding may be related to hormonal abnormalities, and treatment of the specific abnormality will correct the bleeding. I think that your symptoms simply might indicate a change in flow after birth control...but if you suspect something else, I suggest you see your gynecologist and take your mesntrual record with you!

well the next days went ok. i think i'm fine. i was told the fact that i have a slight tilted uterus gives me my cramps and everything. i'm not all that sure but i did get a hormone test for pregnancy last year and everything seemed ok. but yes i have to go see my doctor still. thank you for your thoughts Smile and how things are with my period are pretty much tracked in my mind so yeah i got it recorded. but thanks again. i will try and keep it on paper now.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Interesting...tilted uterus. Thanks for sharing this possible diagnosis...does a tilted uterus occur after time as we age?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2013
I have had a tilted uterus since I got my first exam at age 17. (I'm 43 now)
|

replied November 26th, 2008
rooted wrote:
Interesting...tilted uterus. Thanks for sharing this possible diagnosis...does a tilted uterus occur after time as we age?

no i don't believe so. but my mom had the same thing and also the pain while having your period kinda tends to run in my family. my mom, my 2 sisters on my mom's side, my aunts on her side and my grandmother. so i'm thinking it might be genetic in some way. but i'm not a doctor so i have no idea ^^;;

i'll try to get my sister to talk to her doctor.
|